Benefits - Phase I
- The Phase I project created about 150 construction-related jobs and eight operating and maintenance jobs when the wind park began commercial operation in late 2014. Consumers Energy expects a similar number of construction jobs during future phases.
- More than $100 million of the $250 million total investment in Cross Winds was directed to Michigan-based vendors or suppliers making the project another Michigan Business Connect success story for Consumers Energy. Consumers Energy completed a detailed economic impact analysis to provide a more detailed report about Phase I and future phases.
- Cross Winds is estimated to generate millions of dollars in new tax revenue over the life of the project, including future phases.
- Consumers Energy will pay millions of dollars collectively to landowners pursuant to their easements. These annual payments will be an additional income stream into the area over the life of the project.
- Cross Winds will account for millions of dollars per year of direct and indirect economic impact to Tuscola County during its operational lifetime. The projected amount is included in the detailed economic impact analysis completed by Consumers Energy.
See the Economic Impact Report Phase I.